As you can see, I’m not here to beg for mercy or sympathy. I’m here to keep speaking out on the suffering of our Asian community.
The amount of Asian hate crimes that have drastically skyrocketed lately is absolutely revolting, despicable, and disgusting to our Asian community that makes me sick to my stomach. I have every right and the freedom of speech to be angry and frustrated with our generation that we live in. Our Asian community did not flee to America for a better life just to experience the rise of discrimination and violence towards our innocent Asian victims that have done nothing to deserve the tormenting pain. I will never understand why people have such evil and wicked intentions nowadays. It’s hard to forgive our enemies when the majority is still not allowing peace and unity as a whole. We’re truly exhausted, so is enough ever enough?! What gives anyone the right to continuously treat Asians differently no matter where they come from?! The majority will see Asians as mostly “Chinese” when it’s obvious that Asia is the largest continent in the world with so many diverse regions and languages. Once again, Asians are not just from one background only. But sadly, many Americans are still close-minded and lack education to see what’s really out there. Asians should never be targeted or defined in any way over a virus. The same ones that are against wearing masks are usually the same ones that like to make racist remarks on the Asian community. America, make it make sense. America is not doing any better for the sake of risking and hurting our community.
This is not the matter of time to justify which POC matters more or what not. All POC should matter equally. Period. The excuses that “Asians haven’t spoke out or done anything for other POC” is just another way to keep having us divided. Life is not a competition or a comparison about who suffers the most, and we shouldn’t need to pretend that there’s no good people out there left that actually cares for equality. What needs to be blamed is the White supremacy that has been affecting our entire communities for centuries. I’ve noticed that our Asian community is very easily defined whenever there’s a few bad ones. Having a few bad ones from the Asian community does not entirely define the rest of us. Do you expect everyone to act the same way once you meet them?! Absolutely not. If you encounter a few bad customers, does that mean that all of your customers are gonna be the same way?! Absolutely not. The Asian community is begging to be free, to be safe, to be PROTECTED. Asians have the right to go out safely without having to worry about their lives being in danger for looking Asian. I repeat that Asians should not have to walk in fear for their lives. They should be coming home safe and sound with their families, instead of being attacked or having their lives taken away so selfishly.
The dreams and the lives of many Asian Americans have been shattered. Some families will not be able to see their loved ones live successfully. They’ve had dreams, hopes, wishes, and a purpose just for it to be taken away. The younger Asian generation doesn’t deserve to grow up without their family members and friends. We’re not going to sit here any longer to watch our Asian brothers and sisters get murdered endlessly by a demonic person with no heart, mind, or soul in this world.
As an Asian American I shall say;
- I have hopes and dreams.
- I am proud to be Asian.
- I am not defined by our stereotypes.
- I am proud of my skin color.
- I am open-minded and strong.
- I will not be ridiculed or mocked.
- I have zero tolerance for racism.
- I have the right to live my life freely.
- I deserve to feel safe.
Everyday, I constantly worry about my loved ones becoming a victim at any moment. It’s ridiculous to make people from cultural backgrounds feel ASHAMED of their own skin color by racists throwing racial slurs. Racism towards Asian Americans have always been normalized and often viewed as a laughing stock. We’ve come to the conclusion that we’re not backing down without a fight against anti-Asian hate crimes and racism. People with weak minds will always find an excuse to keep everyone divided from each other instead of standing up for each and every one of our brothers and sisters. Black, brown, yellow, red, you name it. We all need to come together and have the right mindset.
Wrong mindset vs Right mindset
- “I don’t care for Asian lives if it’s not our problem.”
- “Why do I need to stick up for Asians when they’ve also treated our people wrong?”
- “It’s the Asian’s fault that they brought corona in this country!”
- “All Asians are the same.”
- “Asians only like White people.”
- “If Asians experience so much racism, then why are they one of the richest group in the nation?”
- “Asians eat the weirdest things so we should stay away from them.”
- “I don’t feel bad for Asians, they deserve it.”
- “That’s not racist, it’s just a joke.”
- “But it’s the truth about Asians…”
- “Asians are also human like everyone else.”
- “Asians are Americans too.”
- “Asians are not a virus.”
- “I will not stand silent for the Asian community.”
- “Anti-Asian racism is not a joke.”
- “Asian lives are important just as much as BIPOC.”
- “It’s time to educate ourselves and others on the history of anti-Asian sentiment.”
- “The Asian community needs to be protected.”
- “Violence is the real virus.”
- “Stereotypes do not define the race of a human being, especially Asians.”
We need to be brave and stand up for one another. There’s no sides to choose from when everyone should be reciprocated with love and support. Our Asian community is already hurting and suffering to the point where we’ve had enough. I’m extremely disgusted with the rise of hate crimes happening to Asian Americans everyday across the world that are trying to live a normal life. Hate is a virus. Violence is a virus. Racism is a virus.
Amplifying our voices and taking action together can help make a huge difference. Together we can help save the lives of many.
Links to help